Women's Fund of Santa Barbara
The Women’s Fund of Santa Barbara is a collective volunteer donor group that enables women to combine their charitable dollars and provide significant grants focused on the critical needs of women, children, and families in Santa Barbara, Goleta, and Carpinteria.
More than $4 million has been donated by Women's Fund members since 2004. As a member, you do not have to go to fundraising events or auctions; you do not have to fill tables. You just donate and vote for where the money goes! Click here to join now.
The Concept is Simple
2012 Steering Committee Members
- Women join as individual members for $2,500 or more a year (or as part of a group totaling $2,500 or more).
- The Fund identifies critical community issues to be researched.
- The Fund researches local nonprofits addressing selected issues and creates a ballot of possible grants for members to consider. The research process includes a thorough review of nonprofits’ goals, financials, leadership, sustainability and measurable results.
- Fund members vote on how to distribute the collected funds.
- Fund members celebrate the announcement of recipients at an awards luncheon in the spring.
- Fund members tour grantee sites in the fall to learn how Women’s Fund gifts are changing lives.
The Women’s Fund is committed to educating and inspiring women to become leaders in philanthropy and demonstrating the impact of collective giving. Learn how to join the Women’s Fund and about grants awarded since 2004.
News from the Women's Fund...
Women’s Fund of Santa Barbara Awards $525,000 to Eight Local Nonprofits
The Women’s Fund a recently awarded grants totaling $525,000 to eight local nonprofit agencies including: Catholic Charities of Santa Barbara, Doctors Without Walls – Santa Barbara Street Medicine, Future Leaders of America, Girls Inc. of Carpinteria, Isla Vista Youth Projects, Westside Boys and Girls Club, Women’s Economic Ventures, and the Youth Violence Prevention Program. Read more...
Women’s Fund of Santa Barbara Creates Endowment for Future Generations
Realizing the impact of its philanthropic efforts and desiring to continue its work in perpetuity, the Women’s Fund recently initiated an endowment fund at the Santa Barbara Foundation. With an initial commitment of $40,000, the endowment will ensure that the Women’s Fund can continue to support the needs of women, children, and families in Santa Barbara. Read more...